We are thrilled to announce that the Dear Darling team is growing! In 2020, we will have the pleasure of capturing 20 incredible weddings — that’s double the amount that we captured in 2019! As such, we are looking to hire 2 more awesome camera operators to assist us next wedding season.
THE FOUR PILLARS WE VALUE IN OUR EMPLOYEES:
Be Friendly. Our primary job as wedding videographers is to provide an amazing experience to our couples. Our camera operators are expected to be personable, and to lend a helping hand with carrying bouquets, holding umbrellas, or fixing ties if needed. While we are there to capture the important moments, our primary duty is to serve.
Be Curious. You don’t have to have videography background in order to be successful here. What we look for is someone who has an interest in understanding and learning about videography principles and techniques. We value people who have a passion for learning and personal development, who ask questions, and who take every opportunity to learn from their peers.
Be Tech-Savvy. Dear Darling Films prides itself on being on the cutting-edge of the latest technology, and implementing the most modern videography techniques. We look for someone who understands and actively participates in the world of technology and embraces innovation. Having experience in photography or other forms of digital media is also an asset.
Be Adaptable. Wedding days almost never go exactly as planned, and there are a lot of moving parts that require us videographers to always be on our toes. We are looking for someone who thrives in a dynamically changing environment and who has strong problem-solving skills, allowing you to prioritize and work independently under tight timelines.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Wedding season takes place from May 16, 2020 to October 24, 2020. Selected applicants will be required to be available for a minimum of 5 wedding dates throughout the season.
- Pay ranges from $15 to $35 per hour based on level of experience and gear owned.
- Camera operators will be required to be on-site for a minimum of 10 hours per day.
- Operate and monitor Canon DSLRs and/or Cinema cameras throughout the wedding day
- Set up tripods and lighting in preparation for wedding ceremonies and receptions
- Assist the lead videographer with tasks such as packing and unpacking gear, putting the appropriate lenses on cameras, and taping down wires that could pose a safety risk to guests
- Be of assistance to the bride and groom if needed and provide an exceptional level of service
- Professional, friendly demeanour
- Experience using digital media for personal and professional use
- Excellent time management skills
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Strong desire to learn and grow in the field of wedding videography
- Knowledge and interest in modern wedding trends and styles
ASSETS (Great to have but not required for the position):
- Own a Canon, Sony or Panasonic DSLR capable of shooting a minimum of 60 frames per second
- Degree or certificate in Communications, Video Production, Digital Media or other related fields
- Have access to a vehicle to drive to and from wedding venues in the Ottawa area
As a female-owned business, one of Dear Darling Films’ core values is supporting and empowering women. We encourage female applicants to apply for this position.
Selected applicants will be required to attend a welcome session to get acquainted with the Dear Darling team, as well as attend a minimum of three 2-hour training sessions between January and April 2020 to get familiar with our gear.
Hello. I send you a FB message and an IG direct about me, my wife and this job position. thank you.
1 Comment on Dear Darling Films Is Hiring: Camera Operators